|Photo Credit: Google Images|
Addictions are distractions from the promises of God. When we allow ourselves to be consumed with an addiction we have turned from God and partnered with the enemy. Think for a moment the things that you are addicted to that have you suppressed from spiritually growing in the Lord. Here are a list of things that Satan uses to bind God’s people: This can be from a physical and spiritual standpoint in one’s life.
- · Murder –Are you murdering people with your tongue?
- · Stealing – Are you robbing God by not spending time with him?
- · Lying – Are you not being truthful with God about who you are in the inside?
- · Sexual Immorality – Are you using sex toys for pleasure?
- · Impurity – Are you watching shows that have sex scenes?
- · Idolatry – Do you worship your car?
- · Jealousy – Do you prey against others when God blesses them openly?
- · Rage – Do you yell at your children in the comfort of your home?
- · Selfish – Are you willing to share your resources to help someone else?
- · Drunkenness - Are you trying to drink your problems away?
Today, we as God’s people have to start being transparent with God and with each other. We are walking around with burdens on our shoulders because we don’t know how to be honest. We are walking in fear of what others may think of us. You ain’t (yes I said ain’t) delivered if you can’t share with others. Many of us claim to walk by faith but we are walking in fear. Hello, somebody!
When you cry out to God in your trouble he is willing to save us from our distress. He will speak a word to you and through you so that you will be healed from the addictions. We all need to be rescued from being suppressed by the enemy in addictions. The enemy takes delight when we sin against God. It’s time to start letting loose things that have been holding us back from the promises of God. Release your cares upon the Lord and watch God birth a new thing in each of us.
When God does something for you in your life, don’t forget to say “Thank you!” learn to love on God and praise him for just who he is all by himself. God looks past our faults and still blesses us daily. So we owe him a sacrifice of praise.
Continue to show you are grateful for the things that he has done in your life by sharing the good news with others around you. Step outside of your comfort zone in walk in the spirit of confidence and boldness.