Translate

Monday, June 8, 2015

Ask God

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. (NIV)

Photo Credit: Google Images

As I was writing this blog the Lord placed this hymn in my spirit,   “I will trust in the Lord until I die.” Yes, I will trust in the Lord to give me wisdom until I die.
God’s wisdom is the truth and earthly wisdom is of the devil. His word tells us that all we have to do is ask him for wisdom if we lack it.

Well, we should all be asking because we all lack the wisdom of God daily. Reading the bible helps us obtain knowledge and mediating on the scriptures that we read brings wisdom from God.

Asking for God’s wisdom will definitely be added to my prayers especially after reading the scriptures. To be honest I wasn’t asking for wisdom from God prior to reading this scripture. I did ask for knowledge which is backwards because that’s obtained through reading the Bible but we need the wisdom from God by simply asking him for it.

I now understand that God’s wisdom is required to live life according to God’s word. Each day we must rely on God for his wisdom and truth.
A few things to add to our daily Christian lifestyles are as follows:

1.       Read the Bible Daily

2.       Pray All Day

3.       Ask God for Wisdom

4.       Let God Lead You

No comments:

Post a Comment