Translate

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Restore Day 3 of 4

1 Peter 5:10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of grace, (ISV)

Photo Credit: Google Images

Questions
Why must we suffer? Why me, why me? Where are you God? Why haven’t I heard from you?  Are you listening? Aren’t these some of the questions we ask when life gives us lemons.

The Reason for Suffering
In the beginning, Adam and Eve made a choice to be disobedient to God’s word which made life difficult for them. There disobedience to God affected all generations to come. We have been given a choice to follow God’s word or follow the enemy. When we are disobedient to God’s word it causes us to suffer. Sin has caused suffering. Understand, that not all suffering is due to sin, it can be caused by others sins.

God’s Plan
There is a lesson to be learned in our sufferings and God uses it for his glory. Often times when we suffer we learn to remain humble, so that we don’t think to highly of ourselves. Suffering causes us to draw closer and to make us stronger in the Lord.

We learn to go through the storms and not give up on God. Suffering teaches us patience. We can’t free ourselves from the storm, so we patiently learn to wait on the Lord to free us.

The biggest lesson I’ve learned in suffering is that it will be my testimony. I can comfort others when they are suffering in life because I have been there and I’m a living testimony that God has delivered me.

The Experience
Jesus suffered a brutal physical beating because of our sins. Jesus died on the cross so that we may have eternal life. Eternal life I imagine will be like it was in the beginning when Adam and Eve where in the Garden of Eden. God’s word says in Revelation 21: 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or morning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (NIV)  There will be peace on earth! I can’t wait until I’m called into God’s eternal glory!  

Finale
The next time you’re going through a storm and you find yourself asking questions like, “Why me?”  Stand firm and know that God is working a plan for your life, for his glory. His plan will restore us and give us eternal life!

“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade”

No comments:

Post a Comment