Translate

Friday, May 22, 2015

Restore Day 1 of 4

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! (NIV)


Photo Credit: Google Images
A new day, a new you! I often times find myself reflecting on the way my life used to be before Jesus Christ came in and changed me. My life was spinning out of control and I was headed for destruction. I was in a pit and I didn’t know how to get myself out.
My focus was the things of this world and not the things that God had for me. I was sinning daily and never asking for forgiveness of my sins against God. I was running from God, not understanding that I can’t run from God he is everywhere. He lives within in me, “So how could I ever escape him?” Every breathe I take is because of God. God owes me nothing but he has given me everything which is why I dedicated my life to him.  I heard the Lord’s voice and I surrender unto him. God’s presence changed me; so I’m forever grateful for the new creation and the restoration.

Today, I encourage you that God is tired of sharing you with the enemy. We have to stop running from God and surrender our lives unto him. No matter how bad you think you have messed up, know that we serve a loving and forgiving God. Come to the Lord and find rest in his presence. You will delight in the things of Jesus Christ and the plans he has for your life. We aren’t perfect but we do serve a perfect God. As we grow in Christ we will hate the sin more and more because we are no longer a slave to sin. God’s restoration allows us to stop existing and start living.

~inspiredcali14

No comments:

Post a Comment