Translate

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Praise and Pray Day 18

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come on you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (HCSB)

Photo Credit: Google Images
Many times we find ourselves afraid to share the gospel or the good news about Jesus Christ. We feel that we don’t know how to pray or we haven’t been saved long enough to bear witness to others. I remember feeling like this when I was part of outreach ministry at a church. They would ask us to go door to door handing out flyers. I didn’t feel ready to be out spreading the word to others. I didn’t know enough about the scriptures. I couldn’t even quote a scripture.  I didn’t feel that I knew how to pray like the others around me. I’ve matured in Jesus and so things have changed now. J
Moving forward, as we can see from the scripture that the purpose of the Holy Spirit is to give us power to be able to boldly witness to the lost throughout the world. The Holy Spirit gives us power to let the Father’s will be done in our lives. When we put our trust in Jesus Christ we are filled with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a gift from God.

We know that we can only receive the Holy Spirit by Jesus Christ leaving the earth in the physical. Also, we know that the Holy Spirit comes on us once we accept him as our Lord and Savior. To be able to spread the good news about Jesus we must go to our Father in prayer daily. Asking God to give us the words to speak to his people.  The time that we spend with him will develop us to be able to spread the word to the lost. We also must read the Bible and mediate on the scriptures day and night. I recommend that when you first start out spreading the gospel start with family and friends.  Even, if you don’t know scriptures yet, all you have to do is share your testimony (story) with them. You would be surprised how your story will inspire your family and friends to desire to know more about the God you serve. Start today spreading the gospel to just 1 person….

~inspiredcali14

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment