Translate

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Praise and Pray Day 15


John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I choose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask in my name, he may give it to you. (ESV)
Photo Credit: Google Images

Jesus says that he choose us and we didn’t choose him. This scripture lets us know that Jesus has authority and power. We can’t do anything without Christ first choosing us. Jesus has to choose us first before we can be able to choose him. Think about the beginning of time in Genesis 1:27 God created us in his own image. We wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for God creating male and female. Which means that he choose us long before we choose him. Also, when we sin we are separated from God which is why we accept Jesus Christ and he offers us salvation. We then have to choose God because we have a free will to decide to choose the enemy or our creator.

Not only did he choose us but he appointed us to bear fruit. What fruit should we be bearing? Jesus wasn’t referring to apples, oranges or plums. Galatians 5:22 says, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, faithfulness,

This sounds like some fruit we all should want to bear in our lives. What do you think? If we are bearing these fruit the world can see that Jesus dwells within us. As we can see, the only way we are to  have these fruit is by Jesus choosing us and the Holy Spirit dwelling within us as believers.

Jesus says that whatever you ask in my name, he may give it to you. Understand that God is our Father so he may give or he may deny what we are asking for. See God will give us what is best for us because he doesn’t want to harm us. God will give us what we ask for, if it is in his will for our lives.

I’ll use myself as a testimony to give all the glory to God. Last year, I was going through a rough time in my life. I drove to Wal-Mart one night looking for an Apartment Guide book. So I had been listening to my gospel music on Pandora to get me through this struggle. I remember listening to Smokie Norful and his songs were ministering to my spirit.  I arrived at Wal-Mart and I wanted to get a Smokie Norful cd while I was there looking for this book, so I asked God if I could get it. His reply was a simple no. I was confused by the response and didn’t understand why He denied me the cd. So time went on and I still hadn’t got the cd.  So I asked him again if I could get the cd and this time the response was yes. That was great news to hear but a week or so had passed and I still didn’t have the cd. I don’t even think I had been to a store that sold cd’s after he said yes. So a week or so later, a friend text me (see text message below)

Friend: “What are you doing Friday night?”

Me:  “nothing at the moment.”

Friend:  “Want to go see Smokie Norful in concert?”

Me: *Praise Break* *smiling from ear to ear*

To make a long story short God is AWESOME! I saw Smokie Norful live in concert at a church in the local area and he preached a little that night as well. Also, as we were leaving they were selling his latest cd. I had left my purse in my friends car. I asked the lady how much the cd’s cost and she said $10.00. I asked my friend for her keys so I could get my purse. She said don’t worry about it, I’ll pay for it. Look at God, I got the Smokie Norful cd and a live performance. This definitely is more than I could imagine.
~inspiredcali14




No comments:

Post a Comment