Translate

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Praise and Pray Day 5

Read Mathew 6:20-21


Photo Credit: Google Images
 
Treasures of the World: Many of us dream of having nice houses, cars, jewelry, clothes or even being rich. It’s not wrong to desire to live comfortable while here on earth but don’t allow earthly things to consume your time and energy. The things of this world will pass away and when you die you can’t take these things with you. Knowing this now, will we change our thinking about earthly treasures?!

If we long to be in God’s presence and make it to heaven we have to commit to Christ whole heartedly and be obedient to what the word is telling us. Our treasures in heaven are blessings from God. They can’t be taken away by man or even rot; things that come from God are eternal. Heaven will offer a place that God has created that will be a place of joy, peace, love and never ending happiness just being in the presence of our Lord. Don’t we all want to go there?

Personal Experience: Last week my grandfather passed away and it took me by surprise. I no longer have any grandparents on my mother’s side of the family.  I was deeply sadden by the loss of him because it came by surprise. I didn’t have words to speak or even write. I couldn’t even encourage myself, although I tried many days. I find myself over thinking situations and mind just racing. Losing a loved one is a difficult process both physically and spiritually. Reading this passage again today lets me know that I can’t give up on God because he never gives up on me. I have to keep pressing forward until I reach that place that I long to be which is in his presence in heaven where I will never have to experience sorrow, pain, or hurt again.

Inspiration: I encourage you on today that whatever you may be going through at this moment know that God is on your side and he’s right there comforting you in the storm. He is molding your character so that you are more like him and less like this world. He is stirring up the fruits of the spirit within in you so that you boldly spread the word of God to all that will hear. He loves you so much and he understands what you are going through right now. Even when you can’t find words to say, he sees your tears and he knows your thoughts. Don’t’ give up because the sun will shine again. Keep pressing, praying, and praising God.


Prayer
Jehovah we thank you for this day that wasn’t promised to any of us. We thank you for your grace and mercy that brings us through from day to day. Lord we lift up our hands saying we surrender because we can’t live life without you. Thank you Lord for keeping us in our right minds even when our thoughts are racing. Thank you Lord for loving us unconditionally. Thank you for forgiving us of our many sins. Lord comfort us that have lost a loved one and are broken in the inside. Uplift our spirits and create a new heat within us. Continue to give us your love, joy, peace and strength. Help us daily to focus on you and build our treasures in heaven where you live and not here on earth. In Jesus name, Amen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment