Translate

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Praise and Pray Day 3

Read Matthew 28:18-20



Photo Credit: Google Images
Are you spreading the gospel as commanded by Jesus? Many times we find ourselves crossing paths with many people whether it be friends, family, co-workers, strangers, etc. We talk about all types of things such as sports, TV shows, work, award shows and even the news. How often are we spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ? We are being disobedient to the word of God if we aren’t doing this simple commandment.
The Holy Spirit dwells within us so that we may boldly and unashamed spread the gospel to the lost. The only way the gospel can reach all nations is that we are spreading the word to everyone we come in contact with.

For those of us that can’t travel to other countries, social media connects us with the rest of the world. We should be using our social media avenues to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ instead of nonsense that doesn’t help people grow spiritually.

Stop hiding behind that we are afraid, don’t know what to say to people, or even afraid of what people might think about us. This is a commandment and something we should take serious because Jesus said it.

My Testimony: I use to be afraid to talk about Jesus to others because I didn’t know the bible or even how to pray. I started to attend church regularly and started going to bible study on Wednesdays. I prayed for God to take me out of my comfort zone and enable me to speak boldly and unashamed about his word. I didn’t know that all along that the Holy Spirit dwelled in me and I was already equipped with the power to speak about my Father in Heaven to those around me. I started reading, studying the scriptures in the bible and meditating on the word.  I found myself interested in what the word had to say to me about the wonders of God. I began to post on social media about God, then I started speaking to family about him and then strangers. It’s a growing process but it gives me joy that I’m going about my Fathers business as he has commanded me to do.

Fulfilling the Great Commission

1.       Attend Church regularly to learn from the seasoned disciples

2.       Pray daily with ceasing

3.       Study the Bible

4.       Mediate on the word  

5.       Spread the word, starting with people you feel comfortable with in your life

6.       Watch God work through you to reach many people

Prayer
Lord, we come thanking you for this day that wasn’t promised to any of us. Thank you Lord for loving us although we are disobedient to your word. We thank you for have mercy on us. We desire to be obedient and say yes to your will and way. We love you and can’t live without you. Your presence surrounds us and we can’t escape you. Lord we love you and we can’t thank you enough because you are so good to us. In Jesus name, Amen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment