Translate

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Discernment Inspiration 1 on 1

Read Isaiah 30:21, Proverbs 3:13-18

Photo Credit: Google Images
Who are you listening too? We as Christian’s have to have open communication with God. When we communicate with our friends someone talks and someone listens and vice versa. Same thing with God, we talk but we also have to be willing to listen to what God has to say to us. His presence is all around us, we can’t hide from God.
Why is that we don’t go to God for understanding and wisdom? Are we afraid that when we mess up he will not hear us or understand what we are going through? God knows everything about us. Listen to him, when he speaks to you because he is only directing your path because his path is best for us. God is full of compassion and will have mercy on us if we repent of our sins.

To know God is to study his word, pray and live according to his word. When you consume yourself with the things of God you can discern what is good and what is evil. When I surrendered to God and started reading his word, praying and living the lifestyle. I noticed the things that I use to like were no longer of interest. I stopped listening to secular music and started to listen to Christian music. You will find me singing and dancing for Christ. My thoughts are clearer now and I see God and every situation.

My Recent Experience:  I watched the Grammy’s the other night because I thought some of the gospel artist where going to be on their like Erica Campbell and Lecrae. The music was terrible. I thought one song was a church song, it was called “Take me to church” I was excited to hear people singing for God. STOP! The Lord guided me to look up the lyrics because something didn’t sound right. When I looked up the lyrics they were talking about a woman. I became so upset and sadden, that people where singing about the church but mixing it with worldly things such as dating. This is why you must read the word and study it, pray daily, and live the lifestyle of a God chaser. God’s word will give you wisdom and understanding to the daily things we encounter. His word will help to guide us on the straight and narrow path. We as Christians need to desire God’s wisdom because his word say will be happy.

My Recipe for Discernment
 
1.       Read and study the Bible
2.       Pray to the Lord, giving thanks and making request for others and myself
3.       Silence my words so that I can hear from God
4.       Listen to God’s voice
5.       Obedience to his directions that he speaks
 


No comments:

Post a Comment