Temptation deals with the matters of the heart. Temptation isn’t a sin. I will explain this in detail later. We must guard our heart because our heart is the source of desire and decision. We can’t allow things to be planted on our hearts that aren’t pleasing to God. If it doesn’t help you grow spiritually, you don’t need it. I talked about this in another post about being careful what you watch, read, listen to and talk about. We must always keep God as a priority in our lives. If we find ourselves relaxing on God. Pray for renewed and transformed mind in Christ. I talked about this in another post as well. We should be seeking God’s will, his desires and purpose for our lives. God provides strength and stability during our journey on earth.We live in the world, we aren’t of the world, because we are citizens of the kingdom! Below I have listed a few things that will help you with your daily walk as a Christian to stay connected with God and resist temptation.
1. Stand firm to being loyal to God
2. Pray without ceasing
3. Memorize God’s word (scriptures)
4. Seek God’s guidance
5. Stand BOLD for God’s truth
6. Rejoice in what God says to us!
7. Trust God’s way opposed to the world's way
8. Read and study the word of GodAs stated before, temptation isn’t a sin. It becomes a sin when we put the temptation into action. Stay away from situations that you know are a weakness for you as an individual. You must know yourself and understand what causes you to be lead astray. Its’ different for each of us. The word of God is our weapon against temptation. I will leave you with this scripture: “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41