Translate

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

ASK: Ask, Seek, Knock

Read Matthew 6:7-8

https://www.biblegateway.com/


Question: How do you A.S.K God for something? Answer: Prayer

Prayer is simply talking to God, Our Father in heaven. Wherever you may be in your spiritual journey, talk to God how you would to a close friend. I've seen friends talk to God using slang words. That's ok. God knows their heart. Your prayer life will strengthen your spiritual growth. I started out praying selfish prayers. I learned that it wasn't about me but what God had planned for my life. I turned my prayers to 1st acknowledging God, praying for others, and myself last. We should always go to God in  prayer saying, "Lord, let your will be done in my life." My prayer life shows I submit to God. I'm totally dependent on him to meet all my needs. We must seek God's face-
his presence continually. Our priority should be to seek God's plan for our lives.

Ask-What's your request?

Seek-What is God's will for your life?

Knock-What action do you need to take for God's will to be done in your life?

~Pray everyday

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate. At first, I was praying for myself but when I started praying for others first and than myself, things began to change for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God already knows what I need. I have find spreading his word and praying for others works out in my favor.

    ReplyDelete